The Armed Forces community is made up of:
- those serving in HM Armed Forces or Armed Forces Reserves: the Royal Navy, Royal Marines, the Royal Air Force and the Regular Army plus their constituent Reserves
- ex-Servicemen and women (Veterans), those who have served at least one day in HM Armed Forces as a Regular or Reservist, or were part of a civilian organisation under the command of the Military at the time of an armed conflict, for example certain members of the Merchant Navy during the Falklands War
- the dependents of Serving and ex-Service personnel, including spouses, civil partners and children; this definition can be extended to unmarried partners, parents and other family members where they have taken on caring responsibilities for a seriously injured Serviceman or woman, or for the child of a deceased Serviceman or woman
- the bereaved; the immediate family of Service personnel and ex-Service personnel who have died, whether or not that death has any connection with service.
The Armed Forces Covenant gives information and support on:
- education and training
- drug and alcohol services
- family support
To find out more about The Armed Forces Covenant, please visit the Armed Forces Covenant website.
Details of the York Armed Forces Covenant can also be found on the City of York Website.
Further information can be found at - https://www.york.gov.uk/ArmedForcesCovenant