York Learning provides part-time and full-time courses at a variety of venues, dates and times across the York area. The range of courses available is designed for learners aged 16 and above.
The online Learning 4 Everyone brochure gives a full programme of courses, which include:
- painting and drawing
- flower arranging
- cookery and baking
- health and fitness classes
- programmes to improve your employment prospects
- information, advice and guidance qualifications and support
- family learning for parents / carers to support pre-school and school age children
Visit York Learning to book a course or find more opportunities.
York U3A specialises in learning and fun for older people no longer in full time employment.
The U3A movement is non-religious and non-political and has three main principles.
The Third Age Principles:
- Membership of a U3A is open to all in their third age, which is defined not by a particular age but by a period in life in which full time employment has ceased.
- Members promote the values of lifelong learning and the positive attributes of belonging to a U3A.
- Members should do all they can to ensure that people wanting to join a U3A can do so.
There’s lots happening, at different times on various days, so there’s a good chance you’ll find something interesting that fits your diary.
U3A welcome visitors their office in York where their volunteers can explain more about their activities. Visit the York U3A website or call 01904 289 293 for more information.
There is an additional U3A organisation for the Haxby & Wiggington area of York.
York College has over 2,000 students over 19 years of age who are studying a wide range of programmes from the Access to Higher Education Diplomas to short courses in art, teach training, business and even health and safety.
The College can be contacted by email at email@example.com or telephone 01904 770100.
The College InfoZone team can offer impartial advice and guidance on all full and part time courses offered by the College. Printed and electronic course information including prospectuses and application forms can be sent on request. For more information about course offered call 01904 770770.
Sim Balk Lane
York St John University
York St. John University offers undergraduate, postgraduate and professional qualifications.
For general enquiries call the University switchboard on 01904 624624
Main Campus, York St John University
Lord Mayor's Walk
University of York
- The University of York offers undergraduate, postgraduate and professional qualifications.
The University of York Centre for Lifelong Learning offers an exciting range of postgraduate distance learning course, as well as options for local learners who are looking for an accredited course or to study for pleasure.
- For general enquiries call: 01904 32 0000
Askham Bryan College
Askham Bryan College is a specialist land based college offering a large range of courses across a variety of sectors, from Agriculture and Land Management to Adventure Sport. Courses range from entry level, independence programmes for people with learning disabilities, apprenticeships right through to BSc degrees with honours.
York Museum Trust
York Museum Trust - Adult Education - York Museums Trust has an exciting and varied programme of workshops and events for adults, themed around the exhibitions and collections of the museums and gallery. Sessions include object handling, curator’s talks, expert lectures and craft- and art-based workshops.
Last reviewed: 06/01/2020