Code of Conduct
For providers signing up to use the Live Well York Services & Products directory to list their goods and services:
All providers wishing to list their goods or services on Live Well York will need to sign up to and uphold the Code of Conduct, this forms part of the registration process. The provider should not under any circumstances consider, or promote, this to be an endorsement by Live Well York of:
- the service provider,
- or, the services/ goods listed
Under no circumstances should the provider refer to, use, or rely upon this code of conduct in advertising selling and promoting services/goods etc.
Live Well York reserves the right to update or modify the Code of Conduct at any time without prior notice. For this reason, Live Well York encourages providers to regularly review the Code of Conduct.
- Providers will ensure that material displayed within their listing on the site is accurate and reliable. It is the providers’ responsibility to keep their information up to date and provide Live Well York with updates as and when applicable.
- Once a service is entered or edited this will be checked and approved by Live Well York before the entry is made live. Live Well York reserve the right to amend entries to align with the website's style and accessibility requirements.
- As part of the registration process for entering services onto Live Well York the Providers email address will be entered into the Live Well York mailing list. The Provider has the right to unsubscribe but this would also result in us unpublishing your service entries. The mailing list will be used only for the purposes to inform providers of any changes to Live Well York as well as notifications. For example requests to periodically review directory entries. This will normally, but not exclusively, be done through a Live Well York newsletter.
- Live Well York reserves the right to remove a service from the website. When a service is removed the provider will be notified and informed as to the reason why.
- Providers will ensure all services to be delivered in accordance with all legislative and regulatory standards and are fit for purpose.
- Providers will ensure that customers are not treated in a discriminatory way. Customers must be treated fairly, equally and in a polite and courteous manner, regardless of age, disability, HIV status, marital status, race, religion, sex, sexuality, sexual orientation, national origin or ethnicity.
- Providers will ensure all staff are appropriately qualified to relevant professional standards for the type of service being provided.
- Providers will ensure safe working practices so as to avoid placing staff, volunteers, customers or any other person at risk of injury.
- Providers will follow any relevant safe working procedures published by manufacturers of equipment, the Health and Safety Executive or as part of industry standard guidelines.
- Providers will complete their own checks to ensure staff and volunteers are appropriate to deliver services. Where staff or volunteers are in direct contact with vulnerable adults, organisations must carry out an assessment to identify if the role should be subject to a Disclosure Baring Service (DBS) check. This assessment should make sure that the role meets the requirements for a standard or enhanced DBS check if the role is defined as regulated activity.
- Services under the Health and Social Care Act 2012 are regulated by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) and will be subject to adherence to regulatory framework.
- By using this service, you are confirming that you are registered with the appropriate regulatory body for the services you provide (if relevant).
- If a service is subject to safeguarding concerns, purchasing restrictions with Live Well York, or other quality investigations, the provider must inform any prospective customers of their current status in those proceedings.
- Providers will recognise that some customers will be vulnerable due to their age, mental and/or physical condition or will need expertise and support to determine what goods or services are suitable for their needs. Such customers may take longer to reach appropriate decisions, require more information and guidance and providers will ensure that they are given sufficient time for this.
Post your service or product