Live Well York (LWY) is a community information website for adults run in partnership with 18 organisations led by the City of York Council (CYC or "we"). We comply with UK data protection and privacy legislation and our data protection notification is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), reference: Z5809563.
The Content Management System of LWY is provided by Public Partnerships, which is a trading name of Public Consulting Group UK Limited (PCG UK). PCG UK operates a number of websites on behalf of local authorities.
1. IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND WHO WE ARE
Purpose of this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice aims to give you information on how LWY collects and processes your personal data through your use of this website.
It is important that you read this Privacy Notice together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
Contact Details for LWY
Full name of legal entity:
City of York Council
Name or title:
City of York Council, Customer and Communities Directorate, Communities and Prevention, West Offices, Station Rise, York YO1 6GA
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues. However, we would appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns or complaint before you approach the ICO, you can contact the Council's Data Protection Officer at:
The Corporate Governance Team, City of York Council, West Offices, Station Rise, York YO1 6GA. Telephone: 01904 554145. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes to the Privacy Notice
This version was last updated on 21st October 2022. We may occasionally modify this Privacy Notice, such variations becoming effective immediately upon posting. By continuing to use the website, you will be deemed to accept any such variations. Notifications of updates to our Privacy Notice will be done through the LWY newsletter. Previous newsletters are available here.
Keep Us Updated
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us. In order to support this process, we intend to contact directory entry owners every six months as a reminder.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins, and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
2. THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Directory Entries this may include personal information that you have agreed to make public for example contact name, address, telephone number, email address and social media accounts.
- Newsletter Mailing List is securely held by the LWY team and consists of personal information such as name, and email address.
- Feedback may include personal information, like name and contact details, when providing qualitative information.
- Personalised Booklet may include personalised information like name, address and other contact details. It may also include additional information which may be regarded as sensitive like requests for information in large print, or braille.
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature.
PCG UK use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we they may aggregate your Usage Data for the City of York Council to calculate the percentage of users accessing Live Well York website.
3. HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED AND USED?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your personal data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- contact us through the website or otherwise (by post, email or phone);
- complete a survey or give us some feedback.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, PCG UK, on behalf of LWY, may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. PCG UK collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. PCG UK may also receive Technical Data about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies.
4. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will never pass your details to any third parties for marketing purposes. We provide newsletters to those signed up to receive it about the website, any developments and recent additions. You can at any point opt out of the newsletter by emailing email@example.com. There is a requirement to be on the mailing list if you have a directory entry to ensure we can keep you and your information up to date.
Change of Purpose
Before we use your personal data for a new purpose (not covered by this privacy notice), we'll provide a new notice to set out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we'll seek your permission to do so.
5. DATA SECURITY
We, and PCG UK, have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We, and PCG UK, have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
6. DATA RETENTION
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, insurance valuation or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Details of retention periods for different aspects of your personal data are available upon request from us.
At the end of any defined data retention period, we may pass any relevant information to the City Archives where it is required or appropriate to do so.
7. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time when we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
If you want to exercise any of your rights, or if you have a complaint about how your personal data has been used, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone: 01904 554145 or write to:
Data Protection Officer
City of York Council
8. DATA CONTROLLERS
The data controller for LWY is City of York Council.